Friday, August 27, 2010

Unpacking

Thank you to Colleen, for picking up that darn flat file that the Hilford rep was supposed to throw away. The rep cried about having to send a guy from Ventura to Simi just for my file, yeah, like it is a lot farther than Idaho. The Allied movers said good things about Hilford, so it must just be the rep.

Also thank you to Rosemarie at Public Storage on LA and Tapo in Simi, she was better at communicating than the Hilford rep. The Allied movers said they were there until 5:45 pm loading on Sunday, they close at 5, and the entire staff waited for them to finish. I was the last load and they put some of my stuff in the cab with them. If I had the mattress, or if they had to take that flat file, it would not have fit and they would not have been able to take the load.

My interview is Tuesday. I should have an unwrinkled interview outfit by Tuesday. I am going to treat it as a chance to meet people and learn about how Idaho works versus California, but I really don't want a job. I think I thought that same thing the last time I was offered a great job. There is still so much to do, besides unpack, driver's license, registration, car insurance, there is all of the be an artist footwork I want to do. I forgot to set up an appointment with SCORE. I will do that on Monday. SCORE is everywhere and is retired business people who advise other people trying to start or maintain their own business.

Cruiser woke me up at 1 pm last night to let me know how unhappy he is about all the boxes in his house. Whine, whine, whine. The living room is pretty much set up now (my TV is still too big) but both cats are now curled in their usual spots, one on the couch and one on the chair. I hope they know that now that their familiar stuff is here that they are not going back in the car and will let me get some sleep.

When the Allied movers unload, each piece has a number and they call out the numbers and I check them off. When they were done, and my piece of the truck was empty, we looked for missing numbers and I did not have any. The movers, who were Tom and Dena, by the way, said that never happens, really, never. They said it's the customer who isn't paying attention and doesn't check off numbers, which I bet is accurate since they probably have to go around through the person's stuff looking for the missing numbers and always find them before they leave. I had 164 numbers and I can't imagine having to go through everything at the end trying to find a few numbers.

So, so far, I am close to having looked in every box and am not missing anything and only a few glasses are broken. These were a few of the flat bottom glasses Dad gave me for Christmas and these broke while the more fragile stemmed glasses all around them did not, go figure. I am really happy to see things I have not seen in 2 months. I have some gifts that I barely had a chance to open before I packed them. Oh yeah, I remember this! I even have some room in the kitchen to put out some things that I have not seen in years.

This weekend I have nothing to do but unpack and review Idaho Health and Welfare law. Maybe I will also finish reading Seabiscuit, which I started when I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment