Sunday, August 1, 2010

Distracted

I felt distracted yesterday and I do not know why. I was going to go to the California Mid-State Fair, but then could not decide when I wanted to go, early or late when the light is better, mid-day is too hot, but the fair part does not open until noon. All I wanted to do at the fair is take pictures of things to paint, rodeo stuff and kids eating cotton candy. I did not get up and paint and then messed around and decided I wasn't going to get anything done and went out for coffee. When I got back, I had left the front gate open, which I am not supposed to do. I pulled up and Sophie was in, laying in the same spot of dirt she was in when I left, and the gate closed is to keep Sophie in, so no harm done, but my distraction was confirmed. Took a nap and the phone woke me up from a weird dream.

Made one call regarding housing in Boise, asked some questions and have three places I can see on Wednesday. These are with one management company and I have the application and am debating whether or not to send it and tell him about myself via email before I go or if I should meet him first so he can see how great I am before I tell him I have no job. Someone else called back and is going to call again on Monday to set up an appointment. I checked my yearly free credit report and printed it out to bring to Boise, and my credit score is better, actually Good now instead of Fair, a C-. This was better than I expected, but still depressing.

I went through my housing printouts with Dad last night and showed him what I was looking at, funny, he thinks 1000 square feet is too small and thinks his minimum would be 1750. The biggest I'm looking at is 1250 square feet and 3 bedrooms and that feels like a splurge.

Dad keeps reminding me this is an adventure, I do not know what is going to happen, good or bad, that's what makes it an adventure. Maybe I'm having trouble transitioning from vacation mode to adventure mode.

Colleen asked me if I felt isolated staying here at Dad's, and I said I do, but I am enjoying spending time with Dad and I have my painting, which is always isolating. I can do one day here without leaving, but by the 2nd day I have to at least go to town and coffee. Maybe the isolation is getting to me after more than 4 weeks.

Or, I was having a hard time last Sunday, maybe I have a problem with Sundays.

Probably good that I am going to Boise on Tuesday, but I hope I can get more focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment