Saturday, August 28, 2010

Still Unpacking

It is cooler today and looks like a storm coming in. I'm glad I now have my garden shears and first thing this morning I clipped those branches that like to scratch my bathroom window.

My bedroom has a trick closet. It's not a walk-in, just a wall closet, but it runs across almost the whole side of the room, so it looks big and like it holds a lot of stuff. Problem is, the doors only open to half of it, and one side runs along behind the wall back 4 feet from the door opening. Once you fill up what you can reach from the door, you can't get to the 4 feet behind the wall. It either needs a bigger door opening, or the house should be a foot wider. They have seasons here, people must shift their clothes every season and move last season's to the back or store it, except with my closet, I will have to take half of the stuff out to do this.

There is also no hall closet. How can you not have a hall closet in Idaho? Where do you put your coat? For now, I put mine in the studio closet, but the side with the tall opening was the only side missing a pole, so I installed the pole holders that I bought a few days ago at my favorite store, Home Depot, and stole a pole from the other side of the closet. To install the pole holders, I had to get out the drill. Every girl should have a power drill, it is even more important than a stud finder. Even with the drill, installing the pole was hard and my hands already hurt from unpacking. Unpacking is tough on your hands, I hope the woman I interview with on Tuesday doesn't look at my hands and think I am really a truck driver.

My studio is almost unpacked and I took Hazel out and put her on my easel, so I could admire her some more. I set up my drafting table, but it kept looking so low. Then I realized I got used to standing at Dad's table because it was so high. Fortunately, the studio closet is a walk-in closet, and it is now almost full. I could fit much more of my studio stuff in the closet than I have been able to over the last 2 years. The computer is in the studio and is all set up. I only have one piece of mystery wire that I have no idea where it goes.

One shelf in the TV cabinet was missing a pin. You know that little pin that sticks in the side of the cabinet and the shelf rests on it? There were 4 and then there were only 3. My fault, I should have taken the pins out and taped them to the shelf. So I went back to my favorite store, Home Depot, this morning and they actually had them and I resisted buying anything else and got out of there for less than $2. That never happens. And the part worked the first time just right and I did not have to go back. That never happens either.

I filled up the recycling bin with boxes, some of my boxes have seen so many moves, and not all mine, that their life is now over. There are still more to throw away and to save, and those are all now in the garage in case it rains. I love having a garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment