Sunday, August 29, 2010

Unpacked

Dad took some pictures before I left for Boise. Here's the packed car,


Here's the cats in their 24" cage,


Notice the blanket I laid on the bottom is crunched to the side, no matter what I did, the blanket never stayed on the bottom of the cage.
Here's me about to help Dad get the caged cats in the car,


I think I look either still sleepy or frightened.
Here's the caged cats in the car,


I taped a stack of paper cups to the side of the cage and filled the top one with water for them. I don't think they drank any of it, but if they didn't, it's their own fault. The water cup I could buy that attaches to the inside of the cage was $10. Mine was free.



That was more than a week ago, but it seems like a lifetime.

I am all unpacked and mostly put away, no more boxes in the house. Most of the pictures are not up, but I need to live here a while to decide what I want to put up and where. Today was colder and it rained this morning, so it was a good day to get organized around the house. I made some granola in the oven this morning, which works great, even though it's electric, and that helped me feel normal. This afternoon I took a bath, but I have held up pretty well for someone almost 50 who has been obsessively unpacking and hauling things up and down stairs for 3 days.

I started my Idaho health and welfare laws research, I at least found the sites, but I will do more and polish my portfolio tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment