Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Hawk

I'm glad to be back to painting first thing in the morning.

Spit appears to be pissed at Cruiser, she keeps hissing at him if he sneaks up on her, and Cruiser is looking at her and rolling over on his back like he is trying to placate himself, as if Spit is saying, Why did you leave me alone so that dog could chase me?! Where were you? Wandering down the road! Tonight a hawk circled down really low over us as the cats were out for their evening stroll. They do not venture far from the studio now, but, funny that hawk seemed to know how to fly in front of the sun so I could not see him. Hawks are beautiful birds. I don't think either of my cats is a match for even a small hawk.

I paid the security deposit for my new place, but that darn landlord has not sent the lease yet. I also ordered some Ottmar Leibert CDs for my trip. Spanish guitar is good road trip music. I brought a good collection of CDs, but I've done enough driving to be tired of them already. I forgot about Leibert until Dad was playing one of his CDs that I gave him.

I'm trying to relax today and just painted, took a nap, and went to town to the bank and Kohls. Underwear is on sale. Mom sent my last outstanding check from the electric company, which I deposited today. No one owes me any more money, darn. I overpaid the electric company, I sent the cable payment to them in addition to my regular payment, so they had deducted June and still owed me money. Edison is great about sending reference letters, I received one that I asked for when I discontinued my service and I received it before I even moved.

In the Six Feet Under season finale, the best season finale of any TV series ever, one of the main characters drives off from LA to New York in her new Toyota Prius. The Prius had just come out then, so it was great advertising product placement, but completely impractical. She was going to be a photographer and did not appear to have any stuff. Photographers have a lot of stuff, worse than artists. Besides being in the car to Idaho for 2 days with cats, it will be tricky to get all of the stuff I have at Dad's in that car. Oh Lord, I don't need a Mercedes, won't you buy me a Toyota 4Runner, 2005 before they started adding too much electronic stuff?

Back to enlightenment tomorrow, Dad will be off the computer and in the last Thursday match play golf game for this tournament. Dad has been playing well, but he is the team captain and the team is 0-5. When the team's a loser, whose fault is it? Usually the captain! Except that no one else wants to be captain, it's a thankless job.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! Underwear on sale! Lol. Did they have any Big Girl Underwear on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does it go? Put on your big girl panties and get over it? Big girl panties never go on sale!

    ReplyDelete