Monday, August 16, 2010

Excited, Scared, and Sad

I went out on my picture taking trip and finally got a shot of the turkey family, 5 adults and 4 teenagers, that I see almost everyday. I also noticed Dad's bridge was built in 1948, not 1927 as I posted yesterday.



I took several golden landscape shots, but early morning light would have been better. I liked the leaf pattern and fruit shots best.



This is the falling down barn on Dad's street and the 46. It is very popular with painters.


And the horse retirement home. A few seconds after this shot, the horses that could were standing in front of me wanting attention.


And Dad's repaired Amelie gnome. He lost his leg in some ground squirrel trapping commotion and I glued it back on.



Finally got a call from the new landlord and a copy of the lease to sign. He will leave the key in a lock box on the door, and gave me the code, so I can get in as soon as I arrive on Saturday. There is a $400 refundable pet deposit I didn't count on, and he did not send the pro-rated rent amount for August or the utilities. I keep having to remind myself that the guy is just lazy, he is not going to screw me over.

I took the car in this morning for the 75K mile check minus an unneeded oil change, which cost $175. My car needs a new axle boot, the left front is leaking grease and will damage the brakes. The guy has a small shop in Templeton and seemed like a legit, thorough guy and showed me the grease. They ordered a boot kit and I scheduled an appointment for them to install it. This will cost $287. I feel like money is flying out of my hands and over $800 spent on my car alone.

I added 2 new links, one about the Laffer Curve and a survival blog. The Laffer Curve is called an economic theory, but is very well supported by fact, and shows how total tax revenues decline when taxes increase over a certain point. Inform yourself and learn what will happen when the Bush tax cuts expire, even if they only expire on the rich. Then learn about some of the things you may need to survive that our ancestors took for granted. If you had to, in order to survive, maybe you could catch a fish or a rabbit, but do you know how to clean it? What part to eat? Know how to store for winter? Maybe we cannot all be award winning canners like Lani, but we should know how.

I am feeling excited, scared, and sad all at the same time.

My thoughts and prayers to Carolyn and Murph.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you!! When are you coming to Simi to meet the movers? Will you be staying or turning around and going back? I am exicited, scared and sad also!!! Following your journey has lit a fire in my being. Something has awakened within me. Thank you!! I have posted a couple of comments that do not seem to be posted. Oh well. Just know that I read your blog every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I wondered where you went. I am on my way to LA, see you tonight?!

    ReplyDelete