Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back to Painting


Hazel is just about done. This is the point where I struggle with the things I don't think are quite right and overworking the painting. I have to let go of the reference and judge how it looks on it's own. Where did Hazel get those lips? Those are not Johnson lips. The painting will sit for a few days with me looking at it every once in a while until I surrender and let it go. In the meantime, I started another study.

I spent the rest of the day yesterday researching on the Internet and writing down addresses for things in Idaho like the bank, AAA, CostCo, and the DMV. I don't know how long it will take me to set up the Internet connection. How long do I have to register my car? What do I need to get a driver's license? Where should I get car insurance? How much is a new bed going to cost? I got rid of the bed, it was time for a new one anyway, I want a platform bed, no more sleeping miles high up on the Princess and the Pea bed, but that means I have no bed in Boise until I buy one. Back to the sleeping bag.

I have to call the mover and give him an address and find out if moving day is Tuesday or Wednesday, then I will have to decide how I am getting my cats to Boise. Should I drive straight though with a few rest stops? Should I camp? Should I stay in a hotel that allows animals? Should I stay in Reno again? Reno is half way. Should I arrange to stay in Boise, too? How will I get the keys from the landlord without making my cats wait in the car? I don't know if he would mail them to me, and it is getting a bit late for that anyway. At least I told the landlord the truth that I have 2 cats, there were no extra charges for them for a change. The landlord has not emailed me the lease to sign yet and I would really like to get that duck in the row. Is he stalling, is he going to screw me up, or does he just have no sense of urgency? I'm going to send him the deposit on-line, then he is stuck with me. When the tenant gave me a tour of the place, I asked about the landlord, I described him as laid-back. She laughed and rolled her eyes and thought that was a good description, but she added that when there is something to do, he is good about doing it.

Yesterday was a new moon. Things start with the new moon and reach their peak with the full moon. The next full moon is August 24. I should be in Boise by then, maybe even with my stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Your painting is soooo beautiful! You are an amazing artist. Wow...the house you rented is neat. What is rent like there? I am so excited with your journey and I'm living vicarously thru you. Lol. So keep up with the journaling! I need it!!

    ReplyDelete