Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm Here!

I'm here! For some reason, I feel like Jim Carrey on The Truman Show, stepping off the set with the audience cheering.

I left Fernley at 8:30 am and arrived Boise 7 hours later, 4:30 Boise time. I was tempted to stay another night in Ferney and watch TV and lay by the pool, except that both cats slept on the bed with me and jumped off at every noise, then came back, so I would not have been looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Both cats reached the point of acceptance and were quiet almost the entire way. So quiet I kept checking to make sure they were alive. I did not stop much this time, mostly because after Winnemucca there is nothing but golden hills and sage with a handful of farms and no turnouts for hours. It is beautiful scenery through Oregon, but I would need a 4 wheel drive to get many photos.

The day passed without event, but it was really long. I came into Idaho and was so excited that the speed limit changed from 55 to 70, that I forgot to take a picture of the Welcome to Idaho sign. Coming in to Idaho on the 95 is brown. Tan hills with these lumpy brown rocks sticking out. Through those you come into the valley and overlook miles of farmland with squares of bright green and gold and a scattering of trees. Today, this view was half covered in cloud shadow with stripes of bright color through it and golden mountains in the background. As I saw this and then drove through the country and acres of 12 foot high corn stalks, I felt pleased with my choice.

The house is nicer than I remembered. The cats investigated, cried, and are now hiding in the master bathroom cabinet under the sink. There is new carpet and paint, but the grass already needs mowing. I will post pictures once I get my computer set up.

Right now it is 91 degrees and a storm is blowing in. I would love some thunder and lightning, but I don't think my cats would apprieciate it.

More tomorrow, now I have to go to the store.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Congratulations! What an incredible,exciting journey thus far! You are home. I am so excited for you. I am in such awe of your courage and dedication in being true to yourself. Keep up with sharing your experiences because I need it and we all know that it is all about me. Lol!

    ReplyDelete