Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home


One picture from my drive, this is southeast Oregon.
Now, some pictures of my house. My neighbors have the same house on one side, the neighbor next door is closer than I remember. You can see a bit of my garage behind.


Bay windows in front and the livingroom:




The yard and garage:


The 2nd bedroom is above the livingroom and has the same bay windows. The windows face North, the ideal light for an artist's studio.


70 mile an hour winds blew through the Boise bench (where I now live) last night. They knocked over power lines and 2 houses caught fire. I am fine, my house is fine, but the first thing I wish I had is my gardening shears. The neighbor's tree branches scratched against my bathroom window all night and if I just had those shears I could have reached out and given that tree a trim last night and slept better. My chances of sleep were already pretty slim on the sleeping bag and quilt.

Before I left I read about cable versus dish network. My house already has a dish, but I read that the direction that the dish has to face is the same direction that the weather comes in and the weather causes reception to go out. Last night I found that the weather was blowing directly into those dishes. Glad I chose cable.

I am glad it is Sunday, so I don't feel obligated to do much. I unpacked the car and set up the computer, which is booting slowly. I went out matress shopping, 2 stores were closed, but I bought one to be delivered tomorrow. The salesman/delivery guy had to fit it into his school schedule. When he said that I laughed and shook my head and explained that you just don't hear that in Southern California.

My neighbors with the same house came over and introduced themselves and brought me zuccinni bread. They are Sara, from San Luis Obisbo, and Joe from Milwaukee. The neighbor on the other side is a guy with a shaved head who used to be in construction, but who now drives a truck and is gone most of the week. He has a dog, but is gone so much that the dog kept jumping the fence and adopted my neighbors on the other side of me. I was really confused, I thought both of my neighbors had dogs that looked a lot alike, turns out it was the same one.

Allied Movers is at my storage unit today. I hope to see my stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment