Friday, September 3, 2010

Hot Air Balloons


Yesterday I made my SCORE appointment for next week and sent an application for a Federal Courts job. The job application took a long time because the job had it's own application. Why are these always different so that you have to start from scratch every time? For this one, I also had to fix some of the fields on their Adobe Reader form which would not allow letters.

I called the Boise Museum and left a message about participating in their "More Than A Pretty Face." This is a program they have to match artists with patrons for commission work to be displayed in March. It sounds like a perfect program for me, but I wonder how many patrons they have.

The Idaho State University Gallery is calling for artists, they are in Pocatello, so I printed out their application form. The form asks if you are a student or an alumni of the university, so I need to call and find out if it is a requirement.

Idaho has a watercolor society, so I printed out the membership form, but membership begins January 1, so I will send that in for 2011. They do not appear to have much going on, except a membership meeting this month, until next year. They are calling for nominations for a new President and Treasurer at the membership meeting, which made me think about how political the National Watercolor Society is in California. Idaho is probably the same, but smaller.

Then I went to CostCo to stock up on canned food and be ready for whatever is coming. I also bought a pair of flannel pants and a wool Pendleton shirt. It is supposed to be hot this weekend, in the 90s, but it will be cold soon. Once I did this, I remembered I have some time to spend at my own computer and check out that survival blog and catch up on the Idaho housewife. The Idaho housewife and her husband make tankards for the Renaissance Fair, seems like an obscure thing, but check them out, she talks about production and they really are pretty nice. She also recommends some books, including one called Putting Food By which is a resource for preserving food and this is something I want to learn. Down near the mall is the largest Barnes and Noble bookstore I have ever seen, so I may go spend an afternoon getting lost in books, like this one. I am amazed at the survival blog and how many people are getting ready for something to happen that will require them to be self-sufficient.




3 hot air balloons blew over my house this morning. Oh, yea, I'm in Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment