Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kitchen and Garage

The kitchen is put away, although I have to admit I cleared off the dining table for the picture. The dining table is, and always will be, the spot that accumulates stuff.




This is the garage off the alley. There were vines interfering with the garage door opening and tall weeds in the way of me backing my car out, so this is after I cleared some of them out.


Notice my neighbor has only weed-whacked what he needs to get into his backyard. I remembered the inside of the garage as finished, probably because it is still so new and clean, but it's not. The weeds growing in the center of the alley, in the center of the two tire tracks, brush underneath my car, so I will take the mower to them, once it comes.

Idaho is included with the states that filed a "friend of the court" in support of Arizona's controversial immigration law. The brief submitted by Michigan Attorney General Michael Cox argues that the judge used the wrong legal standard to rule on the U.S. Justice Department's request for a preliminary injunction. Just legal wrangling, but I am proud of my new state.

The holiday weekend is interfering with most of my action items, and I am tired of figuring out where to hang pictures, so yesterday I went out to meet people. I was pretty successful and am meeting some women for Mexican food tonight. We'll see what Idaho calls Mexican food, although I see many Mexican food restaurants in Boise. There is an empinada stand right down the street, across from the sword and sorcery store.

The next enlightenment topic is Passion, with a poem called Love's Philosophy by Percy Bysshe Shelley,

The fountains mingle with the river,
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever,
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle;--
Why not I with thine?

See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven,
If it disdained it's brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea;--
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

I am glad the book's author has added his own comments to this one, he seems to get more out of this than me. He adds, "I have found that people who have a passion or a strong will for what they want to achieve, and who do not allow others to smear or sully their inner pictures of what they want to manifest, always seem to get what they desire in their lives" and a piece from the New Testament, "Joy is the fruit of the spirit." Seems to me there is more in this poem about how we are all intertwined.

The rest of the weekend I am going to get back into my painting routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment