Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Purring

Yesterday morning I sat down to let my hair dry after my shower and Cruiser laid on the back of the chair behind my head, put his arm around my neck, his head next to my ear, and purred. I love when Cruiser does that. He used to do that when we lived in our house, but he just started doing it again. It was impossible to move, and I struggled between sitting there and enjoying that moment, it was a stop and smell the roses moment, and getting up and starting those errands I planned. Then Spit got up in my lap and started purring, too, so I ended up sitting there for at least an hour and for that hour, everything was right with the world.

I have not gone to the DMV to get a driver's license yet. I realized I will have to take a test, so I am reading the Idaho drivers manual and it is not exactly riveting reading. I did try to go to the post office yesterday afternoon. The line was really long, so I tried the self help machine, but there were so many questions for a package that it took a long time and a line grew behind me and I could feel people's eyes boring a hole in the back of my head, so I only half finished. Then they had no Priority Mail stickers that the machine told me to use, but did not provide, and I gave up. I will try again this morning at a less typically busy part of the day. The post office is not better in Idaho.

I picked up my mats, which were right! I brought some of my studies with me just to be sure. I spent most of the afternoon matting some of my studies and I also bought a sale frame at the framer and framed the Hazel study. Last night I ordered some backing and some plastic sleeves so I can show my studies without having to frame them. I looked at on-line cheap frames, but framing myself looked a bit complicated, then I need glass and hangers, so I am holding off on that process for now. Then I ordered some prints on-line for painting reference, including some of my cats for the children's book.

I am feeling a bit unfocused, but am trying to finish the 2nd study today. I also have to pick up the expensive dry cleaning and so some homework for my interview tomorrow.

The mattress box spring and bed frame should be delivered this afternoon. I bought a low profile box spring and if I waited for the box spring when I bought the mattress, I would have had to wait a week. I just could not deal with sleeping on the floor for a week. I thought about doing without the box spring altogether, but I do not like sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I may be a nomad, but I am not a bohemian. No experiments with living in a tepee for me, not for more than a night. I am also getting too old, it's honestly hard lifting myself off the floor first thing in the morning. So I went back to the mattress store and convinced the guy to sell me the box spring for what I would have paid for it if I bought it when I bought the mattress and to throw in a free bed frame. I did agree to pay delivery again, but it was worth $20 to have that mattress right away.

I found a grocery store with cheap bulk ingredients for my granola. I was missing Valley Produce in Simi Valley where I used to buy these. I am still missing Trader Joe's, especially their fish and pork chop cooking spices and those sesame bagel chips, oh, and that Pasadena salad. The closest counterpart I've found so far is the Boise Co-Op, which had similar stuff but not cheap, the same annoying, pretentious clientele, and a membership fee, making them even more pretentious. There is a big farmer's market on Saturdays that includes emerging artists. I may check that out this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment