Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Driver's License

Over the weekend I moved the Virgin into the sun and planted her some pansy. How do you spell multiple pansy? Fred Meyer guarantees the pansy will come back next spring. In the corner of the yard that she used to live in the Virgin did not get any sun and there are these 4 stepping stones in the middle of the yard in a square for some unknown reason. So now Virgin and pansy are occupying two of the stones.

I think this is a raspberry plant trying to grow right next to where I need to open the side gate. My neighbor has a raspberry plant on the other side of the fence, and I think this grew from hers. If it is still there in the spring, I think I will move it over and away from the gate. I like raspberries.


I now have an Idaho driver's license. I spent the morning reading the Idaho drivers manual. The driver's manual is long. I downloaded it earlier and spent most of the day reading it, since I had to take a test as a new resident of Idaho. Who knows what is different from driving in So Cal, I can't remember the last time I read a manual to take a test. There was more stuff about winter driving and about yielding to livestock. Livestock has the right of way, but the manual pretty much says go ahead and hit everything else, if you have to, rather than causing an accident or killing yourself. Bet that's not in California's driver's manual.

I waited about 5 seconds in line at the Idaho DMV. I paid $3 to take the test. There are 40 questions on the test, which is on the computer. I got 4 wrong and you are allowed 7 wrong, so when I finished question 37 the test stopped and I passed. The license cost me $30 for 4 years. The license picture is kind of yucky, but mostly because I just don't look like I think I look anymore. Where did my lips go? I could have paid a few dollars for a license for 8 years, but I'm glad I didn't, 4 years of that picture will be enough.

This afternoon I finished another landscape. I tried a bigger size from one of my studies, 10.5" x 14.5", which I found to be a good size for me and I don't think I want to do a landscape any larger. Overall, it took me about the same amount of time as the study did, but I don't know if that is because I did the study first or not.

Now I am calling my brother, Dave. He broke both of his wrists less than a year ago when he flew over the handlebars on his bicycle. This week, he had almost the same accident in the same place and broke his arm. Good thing it's only one this time, but apparently he would have broken his wrist again except there is a titanium plate in his wrist from last time. Pretty soon Dave's arms are going to be all titanium and he will have to find something else to break. Or start driving a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment