Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Bright, Sunny Room

This is my bright, sunny room,


Now that the mattress is no longer on the floor, the cats are now sleeping on top of the quilt instead of under it,


Maybe they are afraid of bugs and mice, too. Hey, cats are not supposed to be afraid of mice.

Dad sent me a link to a video of a woman painter named Kaziah Hancock who paints portraits of fallen soldiers free of charge for their families as part of Project Compassion. She lives isolated on a ranch in Utah with 100 goats and paints her portraits. I thought what she was doing was great, but she seemed like a nut, which hit too close to home for me. I could easily paint all the time in isolation and get loopy. Dad says I don't have to worry until I start eating my paint.

http://www.militarytimes.com/hancock

I spent the day yesterday doing an outline for my job test and painting. This is my bright, not too sunny studio,





I am missing Dad's tripod so I can photograph my work, so today I think I will walk over to Idaho Camera around the corner and see what they have.

I did get a bit loopy yesterday without going out all day, but I would like to finish that test today so I can not worry about it tomorrow. I am also going to start that painting of Mark and Hazel that I have been putting off. I am planning a trip over to Craters of the Moon National Monument for maybe Tuesday. I figure in a few more weeks a trip North will be full of Fall color, but Craters of the Moon probably doesn't look much different year round.

If I get loopy again today I can always walk over and see what in the world is inside "We Bit 'O Scotland" or this other store I can't figure out with a sign in front that says, "Got Spice?" and no one under 18 is allowed. What kind of spice exactly? Loopiness is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment