Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Interview!

Interviewing for a administrative job for City of Boise Parks and Recreation on Thursday. This would be an awesome job and would pay almost twice as much as the jobs I interviewed for DDS and Medicaid. I am pretty excited about this one.

(When Cruiser is jealous of the computer, he sprawls across the desk, knocking everything off, and lays his paw on my mouse hand, but Spit plays a circle game. She walks across the desk in front of the monitor, careful not to step on the keyboard, then down to one side of my chair, behind my back, onto one end of the desk, and then across the desk in front of the monitor again. Round and round. I try to head her off at the pass by leaning against the back of the chair, but then she just switches direction. She is playing the circle game now.)

When I decided to change careers in 2004, I was originally going to get my Master's degree in psychology, but then I looked at the jobs available and I did not like them. So, I tried a different tack and looked for a job I thought I would like and what education it required. The job I thought I would like was Community Services Director for the City of Simi Valley and it required a Master's degree in Public Administration, which is why I now have one. This job I'm interviewing for on Thursday is a step towards a job just like that Community Services Director job, and why I got that silly degree in the first place.

This afternoon I met a girl for coffee that I met at that Business Side of Being an Artist workshop last Fall. It was a sunny, warm afternoon with puffy white clouds and being able to sit outside and drink coffee in the afternoon was just wonderful.

Then I came home and mowed the backyard grass again. Once it gets a bit warm, grass grows really fast here in Idaho. In only a week it was almost too tall to mow already.

I added some of my old computer art to my website yesterday, in the hopes of getting some work making computer art again. It looks really outdated and putting it together made me a bit depressed, like I was reliving the painful end of an old career, but I put it up anyway. There is some work I could not find and some work I have, but not in a useable format. I do not have any of the 3D programs anymore, and it is more likely that I can get 2D work, like storyboards, so I figure I will do some more of those, but not today.

Tomorrow I am doing research for my interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment