Thursday, December 2, 2010

Preparedness

The key to living in a real winter is preparedness. Today it is raining. Ten inches of snow mixed with rain making a big slushy mess of every road and parking lot.

Tonight I was going to Eagle, so this afternoon I cleaned my car windshield and scrubbed the windshield washers to get ready. I was getting stir crazy anyway, so I left really early. I took my hat and mittens even though I didn't think I needed them. A woman in Southern Idaho locked herself out of her car and froze to death last week. I am glad I have a car that will not let me lock myself out. (Although it can't keep me from losing my key!) I should have shoveled the snow away from my garage door, since I backed out into snow that was higher than the bottom of my car. Too late to shovel now, I will do that tomorrow. A 15 minute drive took me 40 minutes. Not as bad as being on the 405 in the rain, but bad for Idaho.

The worst drivers in Idaho must be in Eagle and when I drive there it reminds me of California driving. Only in Eagle its even dumber, since most of the cars on the road on my way home were trucks, like Toyota Tundras or Dodge Ram trucks, and your cute zippy little Beemer would be no match for one of them and you no match for the truck driver, either.

Rembrandt's Coffee is a nice place, really big and tonight there was live music. Their parking lot could use some help and I was surprised that I did not have any trouble leaving, since I parked in three inches of slush on top of packed snow. There were five of us trying the Artist's Way. Next meeting is in two weeks and we picked a meeting place closer to me. Tomorrow morning I start the three page mind dump writing and I thought I could have really used it today, so I am looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I am not sure if I will go back to Eagle for another First Friday, but I am definitely going out somewhere, since today I felt restless and cooped up all day. I think the cats are too, and they are driving me nuts. Cruiser knocked over the computer speaker, then he tried to knock over the lamp, now he is laying across half of the desk. At least he's purring.

No comments:

Post a Comment