Saturday, December 11, 2010

Brunette-denial and Ants

Here's my house decorated with lights and the tree in the picture window,


I cheated and made the picture darker, since I have not read about how to take long exposure pictures on my camera, yet.

I set a Christmas place mat in front of the tree table thinking I would put presents on it, but Spit thinks it is her spot next to the heater vent,


I think Spit's winter coat is darker here, but it is still super soft.
Here's Cruiser enjoying the prime spot all to himself that is usually occupied by both cats,


I got my haircut yesterday. The hairdresser appears to have been terrorized by my hair's lopsided curl and dried it leaving it pretty straight, although I think Kathleen used to do that sometimes. All of my blond is gone and I am back to my brunette-denial, except now I am a brunette with shiny glints of gray. To me, I have light brown hair with natural blond streaks, like I did when I was 16 during the summer. At least the gray is shiny gray, like my Mom's.

Even though I am not working, the weekend still feels like a weekend and I feel less pressure to do anything in particular, so today I just cleaned and organized at home. Cleaning always makes me feel better. Even Idaho has ants. They are tiny and started coming in as soon as we got some good rain. It's not the mass invasion that it can be in CA. In Simi twice a year, in the winter when it rained and in the summer when it was too hot and dry, I would wake up to a massive line of ants from the door to the kitchen. I would spray the back door, then they came in the front door. I would spray the front door, then they would come in through the middle of the house! So, today I sprayed for ants outside and cleaned the kitchen.

I made some Christmas presents for people here and you know my supply of prayer candles made the move intact? Not one broke and not one melted over the wick. During two moves and my stay at Dad's I think I only lost one earring and a pair of eyeglasses. I thought I lost a turtleneck, but I just found it. Three glasses broke in the move and my coffee table has a new small scratch. I think that is pretty good.

Last Sunday I had pancakes for breakfast with Lani's excellent blueberry peach jam (I realized I do not have any syrup) instead of the homemade granola I have for breakfast every other day. Tomorrow I think I will have blueberry pancakes with the last of the blueberries I froze this summer. I polished off Lani's pickles, but I could not throw away the great spicy juice, so I added a can of green beans. You know those canned green beans that always taste like canned green beans no matter what? They remind me of lunch in elementary school. I'm hoping for spicy green beans like in a bean salad in a few days. If it doesn't work out, I'm only out a can of beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment