Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Number 1

It's been raining all day. When they could not go outside for the two years I rented without a yard, I started brushing the cats in the evenings to make up for no yard outings. Now that they can go outside, they still appear to want their brushing. Spit was howling at me this time, although I think Cruiser was looking on with appreciation. There was a break in the rain after it got dark, so I let both cats out, then brushed them when they came in and they have been peaceful the rest of the evening.

Tonight and tomorrow it is supposed to snow again and then we get another arctic blast by Thursday with a low of 9 degrees. I cut off the lower branches of my Christmas tree that I took down more than a week ago because it was already so dry and trimmed them so I can use them for snowman arms. If there is enough snow, I am building a snowman this week. I think I have a large collection of buttons for the face, but I am not sacrificing any of my scarves or hats. It's not like a snowman needs to keep warm anyway.

We are meeting to talk about our year-end inventory on January 1, 2011 at 1:11 pm, because we thought it sounded cool, so I thought I would check out if there was any significant meaning to the number 1. I found,

Number 1 is the most individualistic of all numbers.

When the number 1 is present in the numerology profile it points to independence, adventure, and new beginnings.

The Energy of the Number 1
The number 1 is the creator and the leader and the energy of the 1 can be summed up as constant motion and movement. It is the number of initiation, originality, and government. The 1 is action oriented. It begins and leads and seeks independence and adventure.

The Strengths of the Number 1
If the number 1 shows up in any of the core numbers, especially the life path number or the destiny number, there is a natural capacity to lead and govern. The 1 is a confident, creative, and feisty go getter who finds great joy and gratification in starting new things. The 1 is strong, courageous, and incredibly determined.

One: One primarily deals with strong will, positivity, pure energy. The number One reflects new beginnings, and purity. The symbolic meaning of number One is further clarified when we understand One represents both kinds of action: physical and mental. This combined with Ones urgency for new beginnings, we begin to see Ones recurring in our lives indicates a time to exert our natural forces, take action, and start a new venture. One encourages us our action will be rewarded in kind.

So, the date 1-1-11 doesn't sound bad, unless you don't want to start anything new.

I watched the Coen brothers new film, True Grit, which was excellent. I never liked the girl in the old version with John Wayne, she was too whiney. This one supposedly follows the book, which I have and now I think I will read. I don't remember how the old version ends, but I wanted more ending with this one, or maybe I did not want the movie to end. It is beautifully filmed, although if that is Oklahoma there is a whole lot of Oklahoma that is really bleak, Hailee Steinfeld as the girl was excellent, Jeff Bridges was excellent. Jeff Bridges was also excellent in Crazy Heart, although that is a hard film to watch, and that was just last year.

I finished another painting and started another book, but otherwise I am in waiting mode. I have my inventory to do, but I'm saving that for New Years eve. I have my 2nd week tasks for the Artist's Way, but we are not meeting for another week. I wanted to go to the Bird of Prey museum again this week, but it does not appear that the weather will permit. I started a wish list of things that I want to buy, because one of my New Year's goals is to not shop for the entire month of January, except for food. Christmas shopping always gets me into bad spending habits that need nipping in the bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment