Monday, December 6, 2010

Horses and Geese

It was a clear sunny day yesterday and warm enough in the afternoon for that temperature warning light in my car to go off (over 37 degrees). The sun was out, the roads were mostly clear, and everyone's bad driving habits were out. It was as if everyone was tired of being so careful and decided to let loose for a day while they had the chance. I forgot to take advantage of the sunlight to photograph my latest work until it was too late, so I will photograph this again, but this is horses in Eagle,


Geese have been honking overhead all the time for the last two weeks. These must be a different kind from a different place than the ones that flew overhead throughout September. They took advantage of the sunshine yesterday and stopped for breakfast,



This is the edge of a huge parking lot on the edge of downtown, which was full of hundreds of geese.

I shoveled a space big enough for my car, so I can park in front of my house and avoid the alley for a while, and met some neighbors on a walk that live down the street. People are so friendly here. This couple was from Alaska, so they knew all about snow, but they thought Boise doesn't know how to handle snow, unlike Alaska. Kurt came out to watch me shovel, he's the kind of guy who would lend me a shovel, but he will not help me shovel. He has not found a job. He is a construction worker/truck driver and his last interview was for what was supposed to be a delivery driver and it turned out it was a door to door cold sales job selling meat. He said the longest term employee there was there a week. He seemed to want me to say it was OK for him not to take the job and I told him it seemed like the kind of job that would end up costing him money.

BSU lost to Nevada last week and blew a chance for the Rose Bowl, but won their last game with the WAC conference this week and the WAC championship. They are expected to play in the Maaco Bowl in Las Vegas on December 22, who ever heard of the Maaco Bowl? TCU is expected to play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. TCU? In the Rose Bowl? It seems the dominant college teams have changed while I wasn't paying attention for the last 20 years. Today we find out if BSU's quarterback Kellen Moore will be a Heisman Trophy finalist, which will be a first for BSU.

I need a haircut already, my bangs are way too long, and I am missing Kathleen. My next haircut is scheduled for Friday. The last cut was pretty good, but it does not seem to have held up as long as Kathleen's usually do. There is the added problem here of hat hair. Once you put on that hat, your hair is ruined, flattened out on top and maybe a ring around your head where the edge of the hat was. Hats are especially bad for bangs, they either get mushed down into your face, or messed up and pointing every which way. This is a quality problem, but I am vain enough to appreciate no-hat days, like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment