Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eclipse and Bread

Hey, I forgot, I saw the lunar eclipse. It was not supposed to be clear enough to see it and it was happening past my bedtime anyway, so I went to bed. I woke up at 12:30 am (Tuesday morning) and looked out my bedroom window to see the full eclipse. The moon looked red-orange and all of the stars looked really bright. I thought about getting up and going outside for a better look, I mean since I was up, but that thought lasted about 10 seconds. Get out of bed, put on my coat and boots and go outside where it is in the 20s? Not.

I ran errands and cooked and baked all day. I am going through James Beard's Beard on Bread and tried the Cornmeal Bread this time. I came out well, I am getting better at this, and is a light bread with a heavy crust. I would do a bread baking blog, a la Julie & Julia, but I could only post on it every few weeks, otherwise what would I do with all that bread? What did Julie do with all of that food?

I finished The African Queen. I don't think I remember the ending of the movie, because the book ended very differently than I thought it would. Did you know the movie You've Got Mail was a remake? Both predecessors were on this week, The Shop Around the Corner made in 1940 and starring James Stewart and Margaret Sullavan, and In the Good Old Summertime made in 1949 and starring Van Johnson and Judy Garland. This time the last remake was better than both prior films.

Yesterday's mystery topic is still with me, so I am putting the next topic off until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment