Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Horses and Zion

Here's a better shot of the Eagle horses,


And the study of The Narrows in Zion National Park,


I received my postcards to give out for last Friday's First Friday in Eagle, oops, a bit late. The printer was supposedly delayed due to the weather. It does also have Eagle's Country Christmas on it, which is December 11. I think I will go if it is not snowing.

It rained all day yesterday and this morning we had fog. The weatherman says even if it is 50 degrees every day, it will take weeks to melt all the snow we got. The rain is making a good dent, but I am still parking in front and avoiding the slushy mess that is now the alley.

Today I just went into town to the post office to mail Christmas gifts and to buy some gift certificates for two friends here. One gift certificate is for The Chocolate Bar downtown, which is one of those stores you cannot walk by without going in and when you do it smells almost as good as fresh cut Christmas trees. I did not buy anything for myself, I am having enough trouble with the super sized bag of cashew and M&M trail mix that I bought at Cost Co. "Great deal" appears to be as bad as "low calorie" in encouraging a lack of restraint.

My Christmas tree is now up, I put it up yesterday. The only living tree I could find was a stone pine and it didn't have any smell, so I got a 3 foot $15 cut tree. I did not saw an inch off the bottom, since it was pretty fresh, but it is not soaking up much water so maybe it wasn't that fresh. I put it on a table in the front window, since I have that great picture window in front, but this means it is right over the heater vent. I hope the thing lasts until Christmas. One advantage of the table over the heating vent is that it is deflecting the heat into the room in the direction of the couch and making the whole room warmer.

Spit has won the battle over the computer keyboard, more tomorrow. She is not as persistent as Cruiser, but her little claws are like razors.

No comments:

Post a Comment