Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Puffy Clouds, Snow, and Fall Color

The heater vents are in the floor here. Cruiser still does not like the heater, but he is not crying about it so much and yesterday afternoon I caught him curled up next to the heater vent in the livingroom. I think that may get to be a favorite spot. Both cats are now fluffy with thick Winter fur and on top of still being chubby they both look like their heads are too small, little faces sticking out of a fluff ball. Cruiser's chin is now almost healed.

The rain stopped long enough yesterday afternoon for me to get to the Post Office and on the way I was treated to puffy clouds over snow dusted hills and Fall color,




I suppose a bit of cold and rain is a small price to pay for that view.

I suggested a restaurant to my friend for dinner Thursday, but I could not remember the name, so after the Post Office I went over to Hyde Park to find it. When I got there I don't think that was snow falling on me, but it was pretty darn close.

One way to combat the cold is to bake. Not only does using the oven warm up the kitchen, but the good smell takes over the inability to open the windows and air out the house. Last night I made oatmeal cookies, not only to warm up the house, but to satisfy the sweet tooth that now goes with my higher metabolism.

I had a bit of trouble with Ludo's eyes, working so small, but this seems worthy of a larger painting,


CostCo has an emergency food kit on sale here, 275 servings in a bucket for $75. Is this for sale just in Idaho, or all over? I can see the survivalist crowd in Idaho being interested in this kind of thing, but I think it is a weird thing to have on sale at CostCo.

Cruiser has now won the battle over the computer desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment