Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to Basics

Sometimes it is a good idea to just have a good cry. So yesterday I just went ahead and had a good cry. Spit came over and cuddled with me and purred, which was especially nice because it was cold and she was warm.

Then I did some research into website templates. I found some good ones and picked a domain name and then did those things that take care of me. It is important for me to remember to eat, so I cooked and had a good lunch with enough left over for a few meals to heat up later. Then I took my vitamins. It is also important for me to remember the immediate things I need to do. I had a package to sign for at the Post Office, so I went and picked that up. It was two jars of jam from Lani! What a gift and a bright spot in a difficult day. Both jars arrived safely and intact.

Then I made myself some tea and cleaned the house. Housecleaning keeps me physically busy and my mind quiet, besides giving me the satisfaction of getting more organized and looking at the results of my work at the end. It is important to have healthy things that calm you and for me one of those things is vacuuming.

With that, I was ready to tackle the website. I reserved my domain name and tried templates with Intuit. It did not take long to get frustrated with Intuit's website builder, so I went on to Wix. Wix had some sample free sites that were closer to what I wanted, but I was still working on my site at 10 pm. I forgot dinner, oh well, but I did stop and let the cats out and pay attention to them for a while.

I'm glad that I moved on from Intuit, they already called me and sent me 3 emails. They called me within a few minutes of me reserving a domain name on their site to ask me if I needed help and I said I had barely started and don't call me, I will call you. If it had been an hour later I would have told them they need to redesign their program for users and not computer engineers and I would be happy to help them with that for a fee, since that is what I used to do and I can't find a job doing it because everyone wants a computer engineer. Oops, sorry, I'm on the soapbox again.

I was back working on my website first thing this morning and finished it well enough to publish. I figure publishing is going to be another frustration, so I stopped for breakfast and to blog. I am now having toast with Lani's most excellent blueberry marmalade made with Meyer lemon. It has whole blueberries and you can taste just the right amount of lemon. Toast is a comfort food, but with this marmalade it feels like a big hug.

I will add the link to my studio site as soon as I say some prayers and it is successfully published.

No comments:

Post a Comment