Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Leaves

On every street in Boise there is at least one tree in amazing Fall color. On Friday and Saturday in the late afternoon I went to Katheryn Anderson Park and took pictures. I went with the short lens on Friday for long shots and the long lens on Saturday for close ups of leaves.




Every photographer in Boise appeared to be at the park taking pictures of families and kids. All are taking formal posed pictures of dressed up uncomfortable looking kids and I kept thinking about why a painting would be better. Do you just want to remember what your kids looked like, or do you want a memory, to remember what they were like? It was a beautiful setting for a photo, though, and I was glad to see there is a big market in Boise for family photography. One of those families has to want a painting.



I want to do a series of leaves paintings, like the one I did that I gave away, and there is plenty of material around here.



It has been mostly gloomy and cold and raining for the last 2 days, which is making me think that painting bright colored leaves through Winter might be a good idea.

Cruiser insisted on going out last night in the cold and rain and hopped around as if he was chasing something, except that there wasn't anything there. Maybe he was chasing his reflection in the puddles. Every morning he lays on my arm as I try to type on the computer and this morning I had the chance to see that he now has a lump on his chin, only his has a scab. This is not keeping him from purring like mad and shedding all over the desk. Cruiser on the desk gives Spit the opportunity to have the fuzzy blanket on the couch downstairs all to herself. Sometimes they share it, but sometimes they fight over it. Fall is not over and it already feels like it is going to be a long Winter. Fortunately I have plenty to paint, and to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment