Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Basics

Cesar Milan said that in his next life he wants to come back as a dog in America, because they are so spoiled. Coming back as a cat in American might not be so bad, either,


Publishing the website became complicated. Intuit needs to revise name servers. I sent Intuit an email and they responded with instructions that did not work. I sent a response to their email asking them to make the change. Once done the change can take 72 hours. I hate this kind of computer stuff. I'm going to give them a call this morning, but not until after my breakfast.

One of my friends suggested there is a link between procrastination and impatience. I was thinking about this yesterday when I was feeling frustrated and impatient with publishing my website. I've known I should have one for a long time and my brother actually started one for me a few years ago, but we never finished. I had no idea that there were so many easy to use templates until I launched my blog, but that was last July. I could have easily done a portfolio site at Dad's, but I did not, I procrastinated. I have more work to include on the site and a focus I did not have last July, so oh well, I just need to remember to be patient.

After I sent off my email to Intuit, I stopped and let the cats out and we sat in the sun for an hour. Warm, sunny days are numbered here, so we are enjoying them while we can. Then I went out and talked to my neighbor, Sarah. I wanted to ask about trick-or-treaters and we don't get any. That means I have to eat the candy I bought, good thing I bought something I like and not that much. I also asked about turning off the outside water for winter. She thought the landlord should do it, but we both know the landlord is lazy, and the lease says I'm responsible. She has someone that comes and does it for $25 and she will let me know when she sets them up to come. I figure they should be happy to do two houses that are exactly the same at the same time. We also talked about winter shoes and going for a hike on Sunday.

It is important to stop and have your feelings, but not for so long that they turn into self-pity, to do the things that help you feel normal or present, and then to move on to the next thing. Doing this is making me feel very different than I used to be, but I'm saving that to talk about in my two month review on October 21st.

Sarah said last year that Boise had snow before Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment