Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eagle Gallery

Eagle is higher in elevation than Boise and the Fall color was approaching full swing. Even a busy intersection looked pretty.




The Eagle gallery owner took two paintings, the smaller one of Jack sleeping and the one of the back of Lauren in Lake Michigan. I liked the gallery owner, turns out she is from Michigan. She did not pretend that times are not really tough. She does get inquiries about commission work and she will post a flier for mine, but I had to add 40% for the gallery commission, which does not make me very affordable. The gallery includes an outdoor space in front and a separate room for workshops. Including the workshop space was really smart, since people seem to be more willing to pay to attend a workshop than buy a painting. The gallery participates in something in Eagle they call First Friday and she expects her artists to attend a few. A group of merchants stay open late and host an evening with food and give-aways. The gallery is the featured merchant next First Friday and I will be there to do some art peddling.

I am now gallery represented for the first time in my life. This is a bit exciting, but it would be more exciting if someone actually bought a painting.

Governor Butch Otter sent me a thank you note for voting. I also received a card from Dan Loughrey and was disappointed to learn that Idaho has the 13th highest tax burden in the nation and the 2nd highest corporate tax rate in the region. Four surrounding states have no corporate tax rate, probably why big companies are moving from Ca to Utah. Did I vote for Dan Loughrey? I already can't remember.

I am still feeling sick and am worse this morning, probably because the heater went on last night and I'm breathing dry, dry air. I managed to get to the grocery store yesterday afternoon to buy myself some fluids and then we took a break outside and I watched Cruiser perfect the art of relaxation,


My backyard faces South, which is great. In the Summer it will get really hot, but in Winter it means that it will stay sunny and warm longer.

BSU trampled San Jose State, 48-0 and Ohio State lost to Wisconsin 31-18. I do not understand all the rankings for college football, but even though Boise State's number 3 ranking is the highest any team outside of college football's six power conferences has ever been ranked, BSU is not likely to play for a national title due to their weak schedule for the rest of the season. I read an article that likened BSU's football team to Cinderella and I think America could use a Cinderella story, just as much as the world needed a successfully saved trapped miners story.

I managed to apply to some jobs last night and this morning that I found on cragslist. After weeding through the posts that are obviously scams, I figure what is left is really an open job and mostly they just ask for a resume, no hours spent on-line entering my entire life. I also found a long list of the part-time Christmas help jobs, but haven't applied for those yet.

Now that Fall color has really started, tomorrow I am taking a trip up to McCall and Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains. I'm aiming for a day trip, but am packing a bag in case I want to stay overnight, especially since I am not feeling that well. My neighbors already offered to feed the animals if I am away. So, no post tomorrow morning, if I post it will be late in the day Thursday or not until Friday. It will be my 2 month review.

No comments:

Post a Comment