Sunday, October 3, 2010

Now it is Fall

This afternoon it was Indian Summer, now it is Fall.




It was sprinkling when I got up this morning, cleared up somewhat this afternoon and was super hot, and started raining again by early evening.

Cruiser got me up really early this morning, I don't know what his problem was, but it set my day off wrong. I watched CBS Sunday morning and read the newspaper and finished the next study. I went out and realized how weird I get when I paint all the time. I always feel more connected to God, but less connected to people. Then I took a nap, but the neighbor and his chain sawing woke me up too soon.

Late afternoon I tried to go out and take some pictures, since it looked like it would be a good sunset, and it started to rain again. I did not go to Table Rock, since I was afraid it might rain once I got all the way out there. I could not get a good sunset shot in the city and in the rain, but I did take some pictures of some fall color. When I got home, the neighbor across the street came over and introduced herself, her name is Elizabeth. She seemed pretty nice, maybe a bit older than me. We talked for a while and then it started to really rain. I was grateful for some human interaction and honestly, that was the highlight of my day.

Once it started to rain again, it felt like Fall. The leaves are turning and streets are starting to fill with leaves, which a blustery wind is now blowing around everyone's yard. Today the high temp was supposed to be 85, tomorrow the high is supposed to be 63. It is amazing how the temperature here can just plummet 20 degrees in one day.

I'm chalking up today as one of those off days where nothing seems to go right and you are better off staying home and keeping your mood to yourself. Thunderstorms are now supposed to go on all week. I hope my mood does not!

No comments:

Post a Comment