Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Snowing!

When I woke up Saturday morning it was snowing.


As soon as this snow melts I will put those steamer chairs in the garage.

It is really beautiful and yesterday morning I was amazed like a kid seeing snow for the first time. I was out all day yesterday trying to take advantage of the warm weather, that is weather above the 2 degrees predicted for Tuesday. I called my friend Christelle Friday night about meeting her for lunch on Saturday and in my message I said I was worrying about driving to lunch in the snow. On Friday night she wondered why I was worrying about snow when there wasn't any snow yet? Sure enough, Saturday morning it was snowing. She called to tell me that story Saturday morning and give me driving tips, and Sarah, my neighbor, called soon after to check on how I was doing with the snow.

By the time I got to lunch it was raining more than snowing and the roads were wet, but not icy. Saturday morning Mary Kay invited me to a pot luck dinner and said she would pick me up and drive me. By the time she arrived the snow was gone and it was no longer raining and I felt like I wasted a free ride. I turned on the Christmas lights before we left and it sure was pretty to drive up and see them lighting up my house at night. Sarah told me she and Joe enjoyed them, too.

Not too long after I woke up this morning it was snowing again and it has been snowing all day. Sarah said they predict an inch of snow, but I put my trash cans out at noon and it looks like more than an inch of snow is sitting on them in just five hours. I walked over to buy a newspaper in my new coat with a hood and understood why people have winter caps with bills. Even with my hood pulled over above my face, the snow as still blowing down on my cheeks. When I got back Sarah and Joe were doing yard work in the snow and cutting down the sad, withered tomato plants.

One thing about snow outside, not only does it look quiet, it is quiet. I have not heard anyone since Sarah and Joe finished their yard work, not a person or a dog or a car.

Neither cat would go out yesterday. They seemed to know the yard was just the wrong color. Both went out a bit this afternoon. Spit just went out for a minute and looked at me brokenhearted. Cruiser stayed out for a few minutes, but it was the snow falling on him that he could not figure out and did not like. Both are fairly calm now, although they are sticking close to me.

The snow inspired a long nap this afternoon and afterward a cup of hot chocolate. Even though I have been heavily in to the giant bag of trail mix with cashews and M&Ms from CostCo, I am still losing weight. I figure I can lose another 5 pounds this winter if I lay off the trail mix, so I put it away for the holidays.

I am waiting for the sun to come out, or at least a break in the snowing, to take more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment