Thursday, November 18, 2010

Food Storage

When I got up this morning it was already over 50 degrees, which felt really warm. I put the flannel sheets on the bed along with the extra blanket and the down comforter a month ago and if I don't turn the heat down to 60 degrees at night I am too hot. It didn't seem like the heat even went on last night. By tomorrow the temperature plummets 20 degrees again and we have rain/snow predicted for three days. Boise seems to have regular huge temperature swings.

There also does appear to be some real wind in Idaho. The Idaho Housewife posted some pictures of trees and signs blown down around her place in Northern Idaho and winds were 87 MPH around Orofino.

I think I finished the last painting and I'm not that happy with it, so I thought I better hurry and start on another one. I did drawings for three more, transferred two to paper, and started one this afternoon. I worked on the last painting for a few hours over too many days and I think it shows. It looks too labored and without spontaneity. I will post a picture as soon as the sun comes out again and I can photograph it.

I got the large painting of Hazel framed and hung it up on my wall in my living room for now. She looks awesome. She is my entry for the Idaho watercolor society show at the Idaho State Capitol building in February.

The Artist's Way arrived and my first meeting with the artists that want to do the workshop is December 2. We are supposed to meet twice a month. Some of the people involved seem to be pretty nutty, but I am hoping the do-it-yourself workshop is at least motivating.

With The Artist's Way I ordered my own copy of The Dhammapada and The Best of Idaho cookbook. I am feeling very well rounded.

I was reading about that Zombie show on-line and the leading actress talks about having an emergency pack, although she calls it a Go-bag. Then I watched TV this afternoon and they are talking about food storage. I think that is weird, I have an idea that I should be prepared for something, but I don't really know what, and it turns out there are lots of people preparing for something, but they don't really know what. I probably have enough stored to feed myself for 6 months, but I am overwhelmed by trying to store for a year. What do I really need for a year? On TV today I was reminded to ask the Mormons, Mormons know about food storage.

If you are interested, here is a page of links, courtesy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints:
http://bekkel.tripod.com/links.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment