Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

When getting over artist's block, flowers are a good choice. Flowers are forgiving, you can make lots of mistakes and they can not turn out like you planned at all, but still look good,


I think these are flowering cherry and the trees were spectacular last May.

In my adult life I do not think I've been to the same dentist more than twice, except in Vegas, when I actually had dental insurance for six years in a row. No one likes going to the dentist, but after at least four years of not having my teeth cleaned, I was pretty excited to go last Monday. Since I have such long breaks between dentists, I am always amazed at how much dentistry has advanced while I was gone. This time I left with before and after pictures of the back of my bottom front teeth, before cleaning and after cleaning. I suppose that is so the hygienist can show off. I also left with pictures of my two cavities and all of my metal fillings that need replacing. The metal fillings have cracks in the teeth under them and one is supposedly about to crack off part of my tooth. That one needs half a crown and is not covered by insurance, but I get to go back and have the rest done quick, while I am insured.

Today was my boss's last day at work. Of course, not that that worry is over, I am on to other worries. I am temporary and can only work so many hours as temporary which gets me to mid-January. We are under the Feds and there is a hiring freeze, which does not look like it will let up soon. I am also tired of financially just getting by. But Boise is a small town, if I start applying for other jobs, my current job will know. Would they understand? I also like the office and the administrator and that is hard to find. I am feeling conflicted and wondering why I can't just enjoy the absence of my old boss for a few days. Or maybe I don't get to just stay in one job, but am meant to go from job to job, eliminating bad bosses, like Kung Fu.

No comments:

Post a Comment