Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Summer!

Yesterday was the first day of summer and the longest day of the year. Sunrise here was at 6:01 am and sunset at 9:27. It got up to 85 degrees. I came home from work to the sound of weed whacking, Kurt's home. He said hello over the fence and today he's gone again.

I let the cats out when I got home and later when I went to the backyard to check on them, they were gone. They finished their hole to freedom under the side fence next to Kurt's yard. Both were wandering around the neighbors yards on my side of the street. You terrible cats, why can't you just be happy! Spit looked at me as if to say, hey, you look like the one who is unhappy! I decided she was right and I just left the front door open for them. They are lucky Kurt's dog wasn't out.

It was hot today, in the 90s, and a beautiful hot blue sky with puffy clouds day. My street tree was the last tree to get leaves this spring, but now it has it's June flowers,


I went out after work and met a friend who lost her job 2 weeks ago. She's been looking for me to ask me how I got through almost a year of unemployment. Interesting how I end up being useful. She worked for a company I wanted to work for and I often wondered if she could get me a job there.

I got home, went for a walk, watered the vegetable garden, and thought it might be too hot to sleep. Then about 10 pm it started to pour, and I mean pour, down rain with thunder and lightning. Oh yea, I am in Idaho. The lightning show is right over my house, so I went outside and stood in the warm rain and watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment