Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cat Studies

Last Saturday I went to the Eagle gallery to pick up my work and it felt like the end of a dream. To top it off, I drove right into the middle of Eagle Fun Days, people and cars everywhere and no place to park. I double parked and hurried in and out.

One thing about Boise is that there are no big intersections, no long lights, really, but if you are trying to make a left turn out of a driveway or a side street, sometimes you can wait forever.

So, I leave the gallery and I'm trying to make a left turn out of a side street and I have a short window of opportunity, and Mrs. Lexus SUV slows down in the street to look down my street for parking, decides to take the chance and makes a left turn in front of me. That is Eagle, full of Californians that brought their money and their bad attitude and self-centeredness. I finally get another shot at my turn when someone stops to let me in. That is more like Idaho. In Idaho when someone does that for you, you are supposed to be sure to acknowledge their gesture, so I waved.

I was depressed all weekend, which was reflected in my cats whining at me all day on Sunday, and I did not feel better until I finished those studies and baked some bread,


I'm still not sure about adding Prismacolor.

I also went down the street to take pictures of this house around the corner that has flowers in front and iris growing in the dirt alley, which cracks me up,




I don't know what the white flowers are, but they are everywhere now and in every color. This is my neighbor's fake lilac near my front door,


It is hard to believe how bleak this view was just a few months ago.

On my hike at Bruneau Dunes, I got a big blister. After about 5 days it looked infected, so I had to clean it out with hydrogen peroxide and keep it bandaged with Neosporin. Of all of the mistakes that I've made in my life, one thing I've always known is that I would make a terrible nurse.

I finished The Road and started Under the Tuscan Sun. Under the Tuscan Sun was immediately a huge disappointment. The book is not like the movie, not a single, recently divorced woman's adventure, but a woman with a boyfriend who dreams of Tuscany with her, a woman with a ton of money to pay for everything, and woman and boyfriend are teachers, so they just go on their summers off. It is nice writing about the beauty of Tuscany, but it is not an adventure at all.

I started walking after work and am trying to find a good two mile walk. I started with a walk through my neighborhood and then across the street and around the graveyard and back. On the other side of the graveyard is a park, and in between the park and the graveyard is a deep running stream. The stream is through dirt, with grassy banks, and it cracks me up again that there are no guardrails, no "no swimming" signs, and not one tiny piece of trash, just Mr. and Mrs. Duck stopping for a cool drink.

Tuesday morning I realized I forgot a painting at the gallery and I had to go back after work and pick it up. It was a terrible day at work and on my way to the gallery I got stuck in traffic jam. That is the only the second traffic jam I have been stuck in here since last July, but I sure don't miss them.

I have a pretty good idea of the dynamic that is going on at work, which I don't really want to write about, but today my boss called in sick and her boss gave me some understanding words about the situation I was in yesterday, so today was much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment