Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have peas!

I have peas!


These must have been there over the weekend and I did not notice them. I have a green thumb, but I have not tried to grow vegetables since a traumatic experience as a kid with tomato plants devastated by worms. I have not tried eating any peas yet, I'm waiting for them to get bigger. I did try one strawberry, sweet, but mushy.

For the last two days it has been 97 degrees when I left work and 92 degrees at my house. That is according to my car and I don't know how accurate it is, but I guess it is cooler along the rim than in the flat industrial area where I work. Even though it is only two miles away, I don't like it over there, I prefer downtown. Sarah invited me to ride bikes over to downtown tomorrow night for Alive After Five, which is a free concert at the park in front of the Capitol building. I think they have them every week during the summer. I will have to try it next week, my borrowed bike is squeaking and I think it needs a tune up and I think I need a practice run before I humiliate myself in front of people by not being able to pedal up Americana on our way home.

Last night it did not cool off and it was one of those nights where it is too hot to sleep. Both cats slept downstairs, where it was cooler. Tonight does not feel much cooler, so I am just going to read. I hated Under the Tuscan Sun, spoiled Americans in Italy, after about the first 80 pages it turned into recipes and a travel log. Why would anyone make a movie from a book that is nothing like the book? I traded paperbacks today and now have Elmore Leonard, PD James, and Stieg Larsson and I started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I have two studies and two paintings drawn on stretched watercolor paper, but it has been too hot to paint when I got home this week. This weekend is a three day weekend, so I'm hoping for some painting time. My neighbors say we can just walk down the street and watch the fireworks on the 4th from the edge of the rim.

My street tree now has a flower show from top to bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment