Monday, June 6, 2011

Art and Roses and Eagle Gallery Closing

Cruiser and Spit's day outside all day on Saturday wore them out. They let me sleep in on Sunday morning, went back to sleep after their breakfast and morning stroll, woke up in time to ask for lunch, and then went back to sleep until 4 in the afternoon.

It was hazy and hot on Sunday, but the sun broke out before the cats got up in the afternoon and it was a beautiful day. Remember the ad campaign with the kid's writing that said, "I'm so happy I could bite my toes?" Cruiser was laying at my feet on the warm patio yesterday afternoon while I was brushing him and he was so happy he was biting my toes.

I got up and painted three really small studies, about 3" by 3", of my cats for my book. I figured if I worked really small I would have to stay loose and I didn't do much of a drawing first. I have room on the page for 6 studies, so I will post them when I finish the other 3. Then I went over to Art and Roses at Julia Davis Park. Art and Roses is just artists selling original work and cards, no prints allowed. My friend had a booth there and I bought one of her cards, a Tarot deck 10 of Cups. I bought it because I liked the art, but her art calls the Ten of Cups "Satiety", while my book calls it, "Contentment. Lasting happiness because it is inspired from above rather than being the sensual satisfaction indicated in the Nine of Cups. Perfection in human love. Great friendship. Lasting success." About a third of the artists were from the Idaho Watercolor Society and I saw a bunch of artists that I know. The rose garden did not have one rose, although there were tons of buds, I would give them another month,



Yesterday I was more fascinated by the baby geese, I just do not get tired of baby geese,




Their eye must cover over with a white inner lid when they sleep, the proud gosling has normal looking eyes in some of the other pictures. My friend tells me goslings are the only baby animal born ready to feed themselves. And the paddle boats were running,



I came home and did the yard work, although my neighbor Joe whacked the tall weeds next to my garage for me while I was at Art and Roses. I stayed up and watched the next episode of The Killing, since even though I skipped a nap, I could not sleep anyway.

Today I received an email that the Eagle Gallery is closing. It's not really closing, she is going to do featured artists on First Fridays and hold workshops, and offered me both, but she is renting out the rest of the space. I'm not sure how she is going to do that, but otherwise I am not surprised. I have to go pick up my work there this week.

It honestly one more thing that makes me feel like life has come to this weird stand-still. I had already resolved myself to just painting all summer and having a good time and going work, to painting without any real goal, just painting like I did last July at Dad's.

No comments:

Post a Comment