Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer is Back

I guess this is Idaho's version of a blond joke,


Last week as I was trying to go to sleep, Spit was jumping around trying to catch a bug. It was a really big bug and I couldn't catch it, so I decided to let Spit do it, even though she kept me awake. Spit was sick all day Saturday, she apparently couldn't keep her food down, and it took me a while to figure she must have caught the bug and it did not agree with her. No more big bugs for Spit, the clean up job wasn't worth it.

I am feeding my neighbors cats through Sunday. Not only did they leave me a gift card for the Boise Co-op, but I get to pick raspberries to my heart's content for four days. I already have enough for tomorrow's breakfast, even though I think I ate as many tonight as I picked. I also have my choice of tomatoes, but I think I am almost sick of vegetables. The peppers are falling over with the last of the peppers and I still have two giant cucumbers on the vine and one in the fridge that I picked yesterday. Should I have a cucumber salad for dinner or ice cream? Hmm.

Autumn actually officially started some time this afternoon, but we are back to summer in Boise, at least through the weekend.

I'm going to do a plug for this Boise guy who is planning to ride his motorcycle around the world in the steps of his father, who did it 35 years ago,

http://backroadmag.com/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/590785064/trans-world-tour-a-global-motorcycle-odyssey

I'm not so sure about the "how the world has changed" angle, but the guy includes some nice pics of Idaho, even though he likes to take pictures of his motorcycle.

Forget Buddha, now mostly at work I think about Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke. At least I'm not a prisoner. I had to do a bunch of writing on it, like I know how to do today. List the resentment, what does it affect? Self-esteem? Ego? Financial security? What is the fear? There is always fear of something in there. Then we get to my part, because problems always start with you, darn it. I am preoccupied with the crazy maker enough to let it keep me from doing the things that I want to do and I also have this recurring need to escape, to get away from the crazy maker, rather than just stand there and watch it pass.

I understand this, but that did not keep me from watching a documentary on James Dean when I got home from work and then going to bed early. I know it was the early 50's and I have not seen any James Dean movies in a long time, but James Dean was definitely gay. In his movies he has absolutely no chemistry with his female costars, none, it is really remarkable. I suppose chemistry would have been a problem in the early 50's anyway, since climbing in the window and talking to a girl wearing her pajamas was too racy for East of Eden.

BSU beat Toledo last week 40-15 at Toledo and their fist home game is this Saturday. Saturday will be no time to be near downtown, not only is there the the first BSU home game of the season, but there is the St. Luke’s Women’s Fitness Celebration. I can't wear my one BSU sweatshirt again to work tomorrow, I just wore it last week, how many BSU shirts do you need? You need at least four. They call blue days and orange days, where you are supposed to go to the game in one of the colors, then you need one in each color for when it is still warm, one each for when it gets cold. Last Friday at work there were also hats, socks, and flags, you know those ones that you put on your car?

If a piece of the satellite that NASA expects to crash to earth tomorrow lands near you, NASA warns us not to touch it. I suppose they should warn people not to try to catch it, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment