Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pita Bread

Here's a better shot of Cruiser drinking from the hose,


Now that's funny. I blocked the third hole, where Cruiser is trying to get into the neighbor's yard and get those teasing cats, although that one seems to have harder dirt and he didn't make much progress. I am surprised that he has not worn down his nails enough with all of this digging to not be able to stab Spit. Cruiser already howls sometimes, I'm getting ready for him to start barking.

If you are going to procrastinate, you might as well be constructive about it. Yesterday, I decided to try making pita bread. I was a bit intimidated, since I do not understand what makes it hollow in in middle and I figure if it is not hollow in the middle so you can open it up and fill it, then it does not count as a pita.



It must be the very hot temperature and the high percentage of yeast that makes them puff up so they are hollow. They do not cook for very long, but the process took a long time, set out four to rest for half an hour, cook two on a sheet, then cook another two, then set four to rise for half an hour, cook two on a sheet, then cook another two. Half did not puff into as big of balloons as they should, but they did puff enough to create a hollow inside and they came out great. The next round should be even better. I ate one filled with chicken salad with my home grown green pepper and was impressed with myself.

Boise State beat Georgia 35 to 21. Unfortunately, Georgia may be the highest ranked team Boise plays this season, but no one here really cares. Next game is Friday, September 16 against Toledo at Toledo, ten more days to buy a BSU shirt.

I don't feel well and I did not feel well all weekend. I'm thinking it is the change of life and I'm thinking that it better be over soon.

Happy birthday tomorrow to my nephew, Jack, who will be 16, although on his Facebook page his birth date is wrong, so he can be older. I told him those days end so fast, when you want people to think that you are older, enjoy them while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment