Sunday, July 24, 2011

Painting Baby Geese

You can't help but feel happy painting baby geese,




Saturday morning I got up, made coffee, fed the cats, and started painting. I don't have to paint for long, but starting my day painting always starts a good day. I saw a few of my friends on Saturday morning, they all said I look lighter. I'm not any thinner, despite three weeks of the Tibetan Rites, so they must be sensing my lighter attitude.

I did not mean for momma goose to come out so rendered, but I am always amazed at how much I do not really see something until I paint it, geese have an awful lot of distinctive feathers. In the two baby geese studies I got to paint one of my favorite subjects, water, and practice painting my nemesis, grass.

Idaho is pretty fired up about Obama's two million dollar nutrition plate. Not about the two million, which is outrageous, but it discriminates against the potato. In support of Idaho I bought a bag of Idaho potatoes and today I made potato salad. I left out the eggs and the onions and added some home grown cucumber. I will not be able to eat another store bought cucumber, my home grown one has taste and no bitterness, must be what cucumbers are supposed to taste like.

Cruiser's identity crisis continues and now he is laying at my feet whenever I go outside. Last night there was a terrible cat fight across the street and I am glad both of my cats were indoors.

When I moved in to this house there was a set of blinds laying on the kitchen counter. I figured the landlord took them down and replaced them, but did not get to throwing them away, so I stuck them in the garage. The master bedroom blinds have broken slats about half way down, so I can't close them all the way, which is a problem when it is 100 degrees and the sun is beating through the south-facing window all day. So today I went to check the leftover blinds stored in the garage to see if they were any better and the right size. They were the right size and pretty new with no broken slats. I washed them off and replaced the one with the broken slats. That only took me a year to figure out.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shelly,

    My name is Kevin Moore and I have a blog called “Bikes and Buddies” that tells true stories of friends, family, motorcycles and travel - http://www.bikesandbuddies.com.

    I have a story coming up about a motorcycle police office who helped me save a group of baby geese from a large highway in The Bay Area of California.

    Each of my stories is accompanied by a painting/drawing and I think yours of the baby geese is perfect. May I use it? Of course I will credit you and plug your website.

    Thanks,

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete