Sunday, July 3, 2011

Squeaky Wheel and Studies

Bob's Bikes, which is near my work, was having a free safety check for a few days, so I roade over first thing yesterday morning. I figured they would be packed for the 4th of July weekend. I take it back, my work is two miles from my house, so I road two miles to Bob's with my squeaky front wheel. I beat the crowd by getting there when they opened at 10 am. My bike is perfectly safe, but had a front wheel running on one bearing. It should have about nine. They made an exception, since they usually don't do repair work on Saturdays, and fixed my front tire for $16. My ride back was much better.

Yesterday I finished two studies,



I tend to be whimpy with my darks, maybe I am cheap about using too much pigment, so I worked on getting some good darks and some contrast.

I mowed the lawn and had to reset the sprinkler timer and water, which made a pool of mud in the cat's tunnel. That did not deter them for a minute and both were covered with mud when I made them come in last night. Tia is home, that is slowing them down a bit.

This morning I got ready to camp and baked some apple bread to take with,



Off to camp, happy 4th of July and get well soon to Lani.

No comments:

Post a Comment