Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Orange Leaves and Dad's Snow

Garrick identified the orange bird, it is an Oriole,


Spit is not very nice to her boyfriends,


I keep putting Mr. Boyfriend on the windowsill and Spit keeps dragging him out so she can chew on him some more. I put him away in a drawer. I would throw him away, but he has been good for so much unpredictable fun that who knows what else he might have in store.

Here is the commission study,


I think I will pretend the sweatshirt is white and do nice blue shadows rather than making the shirt blue. And here is the latest Fall leaves,


I met with another employment agency Tuesday morning and I still have their tests to do at home. I spent the rest of the day fixing my resume, boy that takes a long time, and I emailed it to the guy who gave the resume workshop for his review. Once I hear back from him I am going to every site that I posted my resume on and pasting in a new one. I went ahead and did this on the Idaho state job site and then saw that one of the lists I am on is expired. I tried to reapply and it said that I already have an active score. I called the state and they say to send an email. Wonder if I will ever hear back from them.

The employment agency I went to on Tuesday also has a technical jobs office and they gave me the number. I do not think of myself as technical, but the rep at the agency did, so I gave them a call today. Then I sent them my new resume and I should have an appointment with them soon. The rep at the technical office said they have a deal in the works to place jobs with the State. Go figure.

I received an email job list from Boise Idaho Jobs today and there was a job listed for a company that the girl I met at the resume workshop suggested. So, I went ahead and applied for that job using my new resume and much more brief and targeted cover letter. When I talked to the rep at the technical employment agency, she asked where else I had applied and I told her about applying for this job and she said how great they were. That company sounds worth an assertive follow-up, as soon as I figure out what that means.

Dad got snow in Templeton, California,




It would look like here, if it wasn't so green.

Late this afternoon, I made chocolate truffles. I figure if Mark Zuckerberg shows up, I better know how to make them. Don't worry, I'm not going to eat them all, I'm taking them to my Artist's Way friends tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment