Thursday, March 17, 2011

Late Snow

It was much warmer on Tuesday, so I put the Virgin back outside in the yard and bought her some Primrose that are supposed to do well in late Winter. Wednesday was raining and gloomy and I wasn't feeling at all motivated. I took a nap and when I woke up it was hammering down snow,



Spring is back today and the sun is out. I think you have to like change to live in Idaho.

Here are the birds in dogwood that I finished earlier in the week,


Birds are super easy to paint, but they have to be right. A few right stokes and you are done, one wrong one and you are out. The dogwood was in the way, so the two birds on the left are not quite right, but I am really happy with the two on the right. I'm not sure about the treatment of the dogwood, but it was an experiment.

I am feeling more motivated today, probably because the sun is out and I finished my letter back to Dave, but motivated to do what?

Happy Saint Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to my brother, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment