Saturday, March 12, 2011

Crocus are Here

Thursday evening it stopped raining and the horizon cleared up enough for a fiery sunset and a rainbow,


And Friday two crocus bloomed,


Crocus plants make funny little leaf sprays and it looks like I will get two rounds of blooms, since half of the plants are already sprays and half are just coming up.

This week looks like a week of mostly rain, but at least the temperatures are above freezing. For the last week, I have been terrorized by the temperature warning light in my car again. The light goes on when it is 37 degrees or lower and it makes a big deal when it goes on, flashes on the dashboard and on the GPS big screen. The temperature moved above and below 37 degrees, so the light goes off, then flashes on, then goes off, then flashes on. I liked it better when it just stayed on, but I am really looking forward to it just staying off.

I optimistically took the flannel sheets off my bed and replaced them with regular sheets. I loved my flannel sheets in November, but now I am sick of them. Wearing flannel pajamas in between flannel sheets is like wearing Velcro, no tossing and turning allowed.

First I was glad I was not in Egypt, then that I was not anywhere in the Middle East, now I'm glad I am not in Japan. I watched pictures of the devastation from the earthquake and the tsunami, but they seemed to be the same ones over and over, making me think the media is not showing me anything current or anything of the real devastation. I do not trust anyone to tell me the truth about the reality of the danger in Japan's nuclear power plants. I've always been against nuclear power. If we cannot create power without creating waste that will be a danger to the planet forever, then we should just do without power.

I watched a show on the History Channel called Brad Meltzer's Decoded about the Georgia Guidestones. The History Channel seems to be getting pretty far away from history and Brad Meltzer doesn't seem to ever decode anything, but they showed an interesting map of the United States after the earthquakes/axis shift in 2012,



And I found another one on-line,


Whether or not you believe in any of the 2012 stuff, a few months ago the Earth's axis shifted enough that airports has to revise their flight plans and the earthquake in Japan caused another shift. Japan moved eight feet and the Earth's axis moved four inches,

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.earthquake.tsunami.earth/index.html?hpt=T1

Anyway, based on the new map it looks like I can look forward to living on some Idaho coastal property.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in Japan and I think I will stop complaining about my quality problems for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment