Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dad, can I use the phone?

My cold, dark apartment had a balcony that was above ground, so my cats could go out and lay in the sun without being able to run away. On the balcony I had a very large pot with a tall, thin bougainvillea in it and plenty of dirt. When I first moved in, Cruiser would lay in the dirt around the bougainvillea, and I imagined him reliving the good old days when he had a house and plenty of dirt. Then Spit decided to start using the bougainvillea pot as a catbox, I guess Spit had her own ideas about what she missed about dirt. Today, sometimes when I let the cats out for their stroll, both of them just plop down in the dirt and roll around, but otherwise just want to sit there, in the dirt. I missed dirt, too. No one should live without putting their bare feet in the dirt (or on the ground) every day.



When inside Cruiser likes the drafting chair, but Spit often gets scared of something and hides under the covers all day, and then Cruiser hides with her, like they are in this picture. Two of the lumps are Cruiser and Spit.

Tried to call the IRS and at least confirmed that they received my last payment, but otherwise sat on hold for a long time before I gave up. Dad said I should have something to read while being on hold, and I did, the riveting, "The IRS Collection Process, Publication 594." Actually, this told me a great deal, first there is the lien, then there is the levy. Taking my property is a levy, and this takes a lien and lots of steps and form letters and 30 day notices. I learned how to file for a delay and apply for an Offer in Compromise, or settlement for less than what is due. I'm sending my payment for August and otherwise I'm not going to worry about it today.

I need to research housing in Boise and Dad is gone tomorrow, but he is here today hogging the computer. I have my computer, but can't connect it to the Internet, and my cell phone, but can't get reception unless I go to town, so I have to use Dad's computer and land phone. I feel like I am 12 years old, Dad, can I get on the computer? Dad, can I use the phone? Dad, can I use the car? (Oh, wait, I am only 12.)

No comments:

Post a Comment