Friday, July 30, 2010

Aim High

Next enlightenment topic is Hope, with a quote from Michelangelo,

The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it,
but that it is too low and we reach it.

Or as my friend Sharon would say, make your God (of your own understanding) really big. Perfect for today, why do I like the artist's quotes best? The author has been criticized by talk show hosts for giving desperate people who call in to the show too much hope. Is there such a thing, and what is wrong with too much hope?

I searched housing in Boise last night and all day today. I have a pile of printouts from Craigslist with matching maps. Google Maps is terrific, I have been able to see a street view on every one, so I can check out the surrounding neighborhood and the view across the street. How do they do that? Last night I was discouraged, today I feel more optimistic. Michelangelo helped. I am overwhelmed with choices, so am blogging before I start calling to make appointments for next week.

I am glad to be back at Dad's and somewhat of a routine. I am up by 5:30 am and make coffee and paint for a while. Hazel is coming along, but I don't expect to have much time to work on her until I am back from Boise on Friday. I like being able to get up and paint first thing, it is like morning meditation and starts the day off well.

Tomorrow I want to take my camera to the Mid-State Fair and Rodeo Championships, and it's going to be hot in Paso Robles, so I want to go early, which means I have to clean up after myself today in case the home buyer comes on Saturday.

I also need to sit and do an accounting of exactly what I can afford to pay in rent. I have a spreadsheet that I created after I filed for bankruptcy and had to take on of those on-line financial responsibility courses and I kept track of every receipt and what I spent for a year. It was a challenge at first, then it was tedious and depressing, but it made it easy to see exactly what I was spending and on what and what I might be able to cut out. The depressing part is when you have nothing left to cut and are still negative. So, I have the spreadsheet, I just need to put in some new numbers.

How can a somewhat homeless person on vacation have so much to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment