Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tulips and Daffodils

My friend reminded me of another one of my remarkable neighbor noise experiences, although the worst part of this one was not loud. After I sold my house in Simi, I rented a town home. It was quiet until my female neighbor bought a Harley. Her garage was right outside my bedroom window and she would come roaring home at two in the morning, the motorcycle running would wake me and then I would have the pleasure of listening to it while she waited for the garage to open and then parked it just right. She also had a monster truck that she backed into the parking spot right in front of my front window, just to be sure I had a chance to enjoy the fumes.

Then there was the guy down the street with a motorized toy car that he ran with a remote back and forth in the packing lot in front of my house. When I walked up to him at midnight to ask him to stop, he looked surprised, like he thought I was coming over to ask him for a date. I really fantasized about buying a remote scrambler on that one.

The absolute worst though, was the time I woke up in my bedroom to moaning. Am I having sex? Nope. Where is that noise coming from? No, no, don't look! That image will forever be etched on your brain! I sat up and looked out my window and another neighbor was having sex in front of the window by candle light. He was an old guy and I was kind of happy for him, but I never could look him in the eye again. Close the window! Close the blinds!

I did not find out until later that my friend lived a few doors down, but moved due to a noise issue.

Yesterday, I met with the Department of Labor guy and then the artist with an MPA that works for the City of Boise. I now have another list of Boise art resources and a call for artists to create art for traffic boxes around the city. They print the piece on vinyl and wrap it around the traffic box, so my watercolors still apply. Here's a picture of one I took when I was here last May,


This afternoon I went to the Eagle gallery and dropped off a painting and ran in to the IWS President. She was just talking about me and wondering if I could help out with the annual workshop that is June 1 to 3. I said before that I would, but I did not know about my job situation. Today I was thinking that I could just volunteer and act like everything is going to work out by June, and besides, it gives me a chance to observe how the guy does a workshop, so I can work on doing my own workshops. It's being given by Sterling Edwards and he's been doing workshops a long time. Then I can also use the person that I will be working for to run the workshop as a reference.

When I got home, I took a walk so I could take pictures of the tulips and the daffodils before they end.





Even the run down houses with old cars parked in front still have tulips,


The tulip trees are just about done,



These appear to be a wild hyacinth and they are everywhere,


This is a cherry, but there are so many white flowering trees that I can't tell which one is a pear or an apple or something else.


These are some of the stores around the corner, just to prove how eclectic Boise really is,




The Quasar store is empty, but how long ago was it that there was Quasar? How long has this store been empty? I have not been in the Bosnian market, but the Orient Market smells super bad and is a good place to buy a large amount of rice.

A Little Bit of Scotland closed a week ago and is for rent. The bagpipe player that had the store must live down the street, because I see a guy wearing a kilt working around the yard. I did really enjoy the Friday afternoon bagpipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment