Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

These are my neighbor's tulips,



And I swear the bases of the blueberry flowers are turning blue,


I bought my local honey yesterday, 3 pounds for $12. I could have bought 7 pounds for $24, but that is an awful lot of honey. The honey makers are Idaho Honey and are in Weiser. Weiser is an hour and a half northwest of Boise and, according to the honey salesman, Weiser is not known for honey, it is known for the National Oldtime Fiddler's Contest in June.

As part of acting as if everything is going to work out, I entered "Quinn" in the Idaho Watercolor Society annual show and was accepted. Hey, they had 135 entries and could only pick 50. The show starts May 25.

The Eagle gallery is having their one year anniversary the next First Friday, May 6. I did not realize that the gallery was that new, although it makes sense.

One of my Artists Way friends went to Singapore for two weeks and brought back silk scarves. I picked one that is a mauve-pink with gold and copper embroidery. As soon as I saw it in the pile, I picked it up and hugged it to my chest. I felt like I was five years old and was saying I loved it and one of my brothers was asking me if I wanted to marry it. It is good to feel five years old again every once in a while. My friend loved Singapore and felt like she was in a sea of color for two weeks.

Another Artist Way friend ran in the Race to Robie Creek, called the "toughest half-marathon in the northwest". She said she was grateful to finish. Another Artist Way friend is training for some bike race. In our meeting last week I was feeling like a bit of a slacker. I prefer hiking and it is past time for a hiking road trip. I was thinking of a trip to Silver City, but I am giving it a few more weeks for the wildflowers to come out. By then, the drive should have wildflowers and snow on the mountains. One of my friends camped at Bruneau Dunes State Park, which looks somewhat like Death Valley and is only an hour and half away. I like Death Valley and Bruneau Dunes sounds like another place to go before it gets too, too hot.

http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/parks/bruneaudunesstatepark.aspx

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment