Friday, June 25, 2010

Yesterday was my last day at work

Yesterday was my last day at work. It seems crazy to have quit a job when so many are unemployed, but I can no longer afford to live in California. In July, County employees begin paying the 3 ½ % of their salary towards their retirement that the County used to pick-up. This is somehow better than layoffs. I am just getting by and have already cut everything out, no credit cards, no shopping, and no cable TV. My lease is up at the end of this month and I could not find a cheap enough place to live, and anything cheaper than where I am was going to be some miserable noisy place I do not want to be. So, my main reason for leaving California is that I cannot afford to live here.

Thank you to everyone who came to my work going away dinner last Wednesday! It was a nice time and I will miss you all, even though I will not miss the job. Special thanks to Jessica, the party planner, and to Jocelyn for my Idaho book. Did you notice that the author of the book relocated from LA to Idaho in 1994?

Only three more days of listening to my frantic neighbor stomp on the ceiling above my head until midnight and my next door neighbor’s barking, whining dog.

The long distance mover came today. Long distance moving is based on weight and miles and cheaper the farther you can schedule in advance. Estimate is due later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment