Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mover Quote

I received the long distance mover quote today; this is a bit of a setback. The estimate is about $2500, which is more than I expected, but everything is more than I expected now. My move back here from Las Vegas was half that, but then I am moving twice as far. At least storage is cheap. I checked out the unit I reserved and it is $1 plus a $22 administration fee if I can keep it at 30 days. Then it is $169 per month. The local mover from the apartment to storage is $237. I’ll just think about the money I’m saving on rent.

Kathleen, my hairdresser for the last ten years, gave me my last haircut for a while today. It was like saying good bye to a friend. Doesn’t every woman tell her hairdresser everything? While others may come home for Christmas, I may come back just to get highlights.

The doctor gave me a clean bill of health. I went for a check-up while I still have health insurance and I am all good, good cholesterol, no cancer. My check-up was like saying good bye to another friend.

I did not used to say good-bye to people, I used to just slip away one day and leave everyone wondering, so this has been a learning experience for me. I did not realize how many good people I have in my life today. I am excited to move and sorry to leave people and I feel like laughing and crying at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment